Our Client at RAF Linton on Ouse is looking to recruit an NDT Technician within their Forward Engineering Section. The primary purpose of the job is to undertake NDT testing on aircraft.
Responsible to the Forward Engineering Manager you will manage all resources available to meet the NDT requirements both on & off the Station within an aeronautical environment, this will include X ray of aircraft. You will work to the specified instructions and procedures, maintain accurate records of work carried out, and be able to produce detailed fault reports. You will be responsible for ensuring all test equipment is maintained and calibrated in accordance with current schedules and procedures.
There will be a requirement to be flexible with start and finish times during the week and also to carry out this work on evening and/or weekend turns of duty in order to meet workload requirements.
First line maintenance within trade boundaries:
- In support of NDT detail tasks on airframe maintenance and repair, as required.
- Applicants should be fully trained to recognised standards in airframe tasks (formal training to Technician level) and have a full working knowledge of RAF aircraft maintenance procedures, publications and documentation.
- Act as 2nd signatory for tasks under his/her supervision
- Work self-supervised, as required.
- Produce IT documentation support, to set tasks,
- Ensure NDT activity is correctly documented, applying relevant Procedures and Schedules where applicable.