Description of the job :
A vacancy for a Field Support Engineer (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space SLC (Secure Land Communications).
You will join the Customer Test & Support department.
The job is based in Customer premises in Vevey (Switzerland).
As Field Support Engineer you will be a member of the Operations organization in Secure Land Communications and you will be responsible to manage the resolution of customer incidents.
You will report to the Field Support Team Manager.
This position may require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
Task & accountabilities :
You will be in charge of the following activities:
1. Managing the technical progress of the system support according to the contract:
• Ensuring that tools and processes are implemented,
• Managing the customer claims database,
• Prioritizing claims,
• Following up claims: correction, validation and delivery,
• Validating the technical responses to the customer,
• Developing summaries, internal and external reports regularly.
2. Managing the solutions proposed:
• Raising cases to level 3 support if necessary,
• Drafting or customizing technical bulletins,
• Planning the corrections introduction,
• Participating in the training required for the customer or the local team.
3. Taking into account the customer's system from a technical point of view:
• Following up the Technical Support operations,
• Bringing technical assistance if necessary: deploying new products, releases, extensions,
• Managing monthly reviews for prioritization and customer's main issues.
4. Participating to the department hotline,
5. Participating to progress meetings with the customer,
This role will involve some travel for business, mostly in Europe and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Engineering degree or equivalent in Telecommunications,
- 4 to 6 years of experience in integration of telecommunications systems,
- Good experience in on-site operations,
- Knowledge of Linux server & VMware virtual server,
- Knowledge of IP (CISCO), PMR technologies (TETRAPOL) and/or VMware virtual server would be a plus,
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to handle changing and often tense contexts,
- Available, methodical, autonomous, paying attention to details,
- Language: fluency in French and advanced level in English. German would be a plus.