Please apply on line for this vacancy using your eRecruiting profile with your CV attached.
In case you have any further questions, please contact: Employment Operations.
Description of the job :
A vacancy for an Operations Network Engineer (f/m) has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space in Toulouse (Palays site).
You will join the Secure Communications EMEA Service Operations department (TCSGF), composed of around ten people, responsible for maintaining the operator infrastructures in operational condition and operating telecommunications services (mainly Internet access, telephony) for government, institutional and military customers.
Your main mission will be to design service operation and take over service or system responsibility from successful Operations Readiness Review (ORR) and fulfil Service Level Agreement (SLA) in terms of availability, performance and support during the operational phase.
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
Task & accountabilities :
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
1/ Operations network engineering authority :
• Providing standard service operation description and costing in offers (bid phase) or validating custom solutions.
• Defining operational requirements and ensuring service / system operability (project phase, operational lessons-learnt, etc.)
• Validating and maintaining spares, support contracts and maintenance plans. Reviewing and updating associated policies if needed.
• Managing operational systems, ensuring technical implementation and supporting deployment activities (change in transmission plan, network administration, monitoring, etc.)
• Training of CSC / NOC and drafting of operational procedures.
2/ 3rd line technical support:
• Supporting Network Operations Center (NOC) for incident management to meet Guaranteed Time to restore delays interfacing with manufacturers and service providers when needed.
• Scheduling and coordinating preventive and corrective maintenances.
• Managing subcontractors (for example: Field Services).
Main activities are :
• Leading incident and problem management providing operational feedback to Engineering (monitoring, troubleshooting, ticketing).
• Asset management (hardware / software inventories, spare management, use of GLPI tool or similar).
• Configuration management (use of GestioIP or similar, configuration backups Oxydized).
• Technical implementation and change management (for example: deployment of new sites, network extensions, capacity downgrade / upgrade) : integration, configuration, validation.
• Technical management for standardized services where design guidelines are handed-over by Engineering (new sites or services, service extensions) from site survey and technical proposal to installation and commissioning.
• Project management and product development to enhance service operations portfolio (customer portal, backup solutions, etc.).
This role could involve some travel for business worldwide and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.