The principal function of the role will be to ensure that parts designed in house reflect accurately the performance specified by the customer and can, wherever possible, be manufactured without the need for special conditions and with minimal post-cast processes. The successful candidate will be tasked with ensuring, through good design practice, that yield values exceed 90% of launched quantities. The role will involve liaising with and providing technical support to the Operations, Quality and Process engineering functions. Key to the role is the requirement to research and assess suitability of new developments in design process and communicate recommendations for change and enhancements to the site.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Design from first principles parts in accordance with customer specified performance
- Preparation of technical projects with cost justifications and time lines to develop and introduce new products
- Act as a point of contact for internal departments for product engineering issues
- Act as a lead in problem solving activities
- Lead improvement initiatives in part value engineering exercises
- Reduce part costs
- Reduce non value added waste
- Ongoing liaison with the technical centre to ensure \'state-of-the-art\' design practice is adopted.
- Assist with Contract Reviews and Quote procedures
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that products meet customer needs
- Understand and fully comply with all site rules and procedures
- Lead and project manage part validation process including customer communications
Skills and Attributes:
- Full working knowledge of techniques such as:-
- 8D, FMEA, FAIR, Rapid prototyping SLA, SLS
- Working knowledge of CAD/CAE.
- Good working knowledge and use of Casting simulation modelling software e.g. Pro-cast
- Full working knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self motivated.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Project management
- Analytical problem solver
- HND/HNC in Mechanical Engineering, Material Science or Foundry Technology
- 3 years\' experience in product development in a related casting Industry
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, Material Science or Foundry Technology
- Apprenticeship Mechanical or Foundry Technology
Key Performance Measures:
- Successful part introduction on time and to budget
- Product compliance to customer requirement
- Adherence to predicted yield levels
- Year on year product cost reduction
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.