You will be responsible for conducting performance and dynamic analysis for mechanical, hydraulic and occasionally basic electrical systems (aircraft, landing gear, extension/retraction and steering). You will also support requirements definition and validation, verification test activities and assist with the development of methods and tools.
Looking for a new challenge? We are looking for talented engineers with a strong analytical background and will offer training in both landing systems development and the simulation software that we use if you are up for the challenge.
This is a varied and challenging role that provides a great opportunity to develop your engineering skills.
- Build computational models and run simulations. This includes but is not limited to; landing simulations, ground manoeuvre simulations and extension/retraction system simulations.
- Calculate static and dynamic loads.
- Conduct performance and frequency response analyses.
- Conduct stability, shimmy and modal analyses.
- Conduct failure case analyses.
- Correlate and validate computational models.
- Write and validate performance and dynamics requirements.
- Define and document simulation cases and pass/fail criteria.
- Optimise design solutions in conjunction with other engineering disciplines.
- Define test requirements and analyse and interpret test results.
- Generate strategies and plans for the performance and dynamics activities on a given programme.
- Ensure the application of processes, methods and lessons learned.
- Adhere to the programme schedules.
Candidate skills & requirements:
- Experience of dynamic analysis and computational modelling and simulation. Or comparative experience in a similar discipline.
- Knowledge of landing gear structure and/or landing gear systems is preferable but not essential.
- Experience of model correlation and validation.
- Knowledge of mechanical engineering and/or hydraulics.
- Basic knowledge of systems engineering principles is desirable but not essential.
- Experience of using MATLAB/Simulink, MSC ADAMS, MSC EASY5 and AMESim is desirable but not essential.
- Knowled ge of validation and verification processes, methods and techniques is desirable but not essential.
- Knowledge of airworthiness requirements and certification is desirable but not essential.
- You should be educated to degree level or equivalent in an engineering discipline.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.