Ensuring that the Company SHE policies and procedures are effectively implemented in the south west regional sites through the provision of support/assistance to managers/employees ensuring good safety standards are maintained and contribute to a safety culture of continual improvement.
What are we looking for?
- Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety (level 6 preferred)
- Certificate in Environmental management is preferred
- Broad understanding of manufacturing and laboratory technologies
- Knowledge of SHE legislation and its application and interpretation
- Ability to influence and engage employees at all levels in the organisation.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to work collaboratively and to translate complex information into easily to understand working text.
- Ideally have experience working in an unionised environment
- Able to review the sites SHE performance and write reports
- Confident to deliver presentations to the management teams
What\'s in it for you?
- You will have the opportunity to gain practical and professional experience in a challenging sector.
- You will be part of a supportive and high performing team that exposes team members to all aspects of Safety, Health and Environment activities in the pursuit of professional development and team cohesion.
- As part of a trans-national defence company you will have the opportunity to contribute to international policies and procedures. This may involve some travel opportunities
- You will be working alongside a team of enthusiastic, award-winning and motivated SHE professionals with a great work ethic and strong team spirit.
This role requires all applicants to achieve and maintain SC security clearance without restrictions that will inhibit the individual\'s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.