Primary Purpose of the Role:
To represent Procurement as an integral part of a campaign, Bid or Product or Project team, leading the resources of the function in order to optimise its contribution to producing competitive campaigns, bids and products, and delivering profitable projects.
Work with internal stakeholders to ensure Acquisition or Sourcing strategies for a campaign, bid, product or project are aligned to the needs of the business.
Work with the bid and product development teams to ascertain the work package needs, competitiveness objectives and target costs. Negotiate with the supply chain, to obtain a complete and competitive supply chain architecture which delivers the full requirement of the bid/product.
Deliver a risk managed set of Terms and Conditions of contract for all elements of the supply chain.
In project phase, work closely with key stakeholders and functions as necessary, to manage all Procurement aspects ensuring work packages are executed in accordance with technical, program, cost and performance (quality and delivery) requirements.
Although the role maybe assigned to a particular business or location, the job holder may be requested to support the function\'s activities in other businesses or locations across the UK.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
In the Bid Phase or for New Products
- Be seen as the Lead Supply Chain Architect for the assigned campaign, bid or project
- As a result, create, agree, maintain all governance requirements and Acquisition Strategy and Plan with the bid/project team
- Work with multiple stakeholders to design the supply chain architecture to meet needs of the bid or product
- Allocate Work Packages accurately and on time to the relevant functional resources whether in UK Procurement Competency Centres or in the CBU.
- Lead the activities of the Procurement function to identify supply market innovation opportunities, involving suppliers in design upstream and optimizing risk-sharing
- Identify and mitigate risks and maximize opportunities
- Ensure effectiveness by employing suitable reporting, tracking and performance management tools and techniques and represent Procurement at Bid reviews.
- Commit to Procurement performance in the bid including bought in costs, delivery / lead times, quality, resource management, cash-flow, risks and opportunities.
- Create and provide accurate Procurement estimates, covering resource labour, material and Total Cost of Ownership to the bid team
- Recognise export controls associated with supply chain architecture and program requirements including: ITAR(TAAs(& TCPs)/MLAs) EAR ECCN,UK & foreign Military and Dual-Use Controls
In the Project Phase
- Engage with Engineering, Planning, Manufacturing and Quality to ensure the release of procurement specifications, statements of work and requisitions to support project delivery.
- Validate target costs and Purchase Price Varriance (PPV) savings per work package.
- Co-ordinate the activity of all Procurement resources in support of the bid to ensure work packages are executed achieving favourable conditions and consistency with technical, program, cost and performance (quality and delivery) requirements.
- Engage and communicate efficiently with internal customers and stakeholder as necessary in executing work packages.
- Represent the function in Program Reviews, ensuring all actions are allocated to the appropriate resource and executed in support of Program needs
- Manage the Procurement Risk Register, ensuring appropriate mitigation actions are identified, undertaken and completed.
- Manage the Procurement costs through the lifecycle of the project.
- Supply chain architecture development and implementation
- 10 years plus relevant experience in mid to senior level procurement or commercial roles
- Track record of success in a similar role in relevant businesses or markets
- Supplier Relationship and Performance Management, negotiation techniques and measurement
- Experience of procurement tools such as E-ACQ,
- Proven track record of working cooperatively with Engineering and R&T teams
- Experience in using ERP systems including Oracle (B1) and / or SAP
- Experience of presenting to end customers during bid or project phases
- Commercially astute with advanced negotiation skills and experience including differing contracting models
- Broad range of Procurement skills focused on: Needs Analysis, Design to Cost, Make-Team-Buy, Technical Interface Management, Acquisition Strategy definition, International Sourcing, Supplier Management, Risk and Opportunity Management, Subcontract Management.
- Leadership, presentation and communication skills