VHR have a new permanent position available for a Production Engineer to work full time hours in Luton, Bedfordshire.
The role is to support the base maintenance production area with heavy maintenance inputs including Estimations, Production engineering workpacks and Dock control duties.
- Estimation of workpacks, production planning of checks, arranging outside contractors and raising shopping carts for their services.
- Dock control duties encompassing paperwork control, auditing and closure of workpacks. Involvement in engineering projects and continuous improvement of processes etc.
- In consultation with the Bay manager and Zone leaders prepare workpacks for aircraft maintenance.
- Maintain an excellent working relationship with the those carrying out the maintenance activities and also those carrying out activities within the dock office matrix team.
- Responsible to ensure all work completed meets company process and CAA regulatory requirements and responsible for the technical oversite of work area.
- Assist the Bay manager and Zone Leaders to resolve issues with maintenance activities that could affect daily on-time delivery.
- Maintain a disciplined approach and identify issues with returned tasks and documents and the staff allocated to those tasks and documents, escalating any persistent issues as required.
- Responsible for the continued duty of care and safety of peers within the hangar and line environment when working in that area, drive and embed a just culture.
- Embrace and be responsible for implementing company safety requirements.
- Have a positive approach to the company SMS system.
- Assist in supporting the Bay manager and Zone Leader in carrying out their job role.
- Carryout reporting and liaison functions as and when requested.
The Ideal Candidate
- Highly motivated self-starting, eager to learn
- Good IT skills
- Good knowledge of process driven environment
- Attention to detail
- Able to present and engage with customers internal & external.
- Flexible when required to meet aircraft delivery
Hours of work
Monday- Friday- 40 hours per week
Please speak with Sarah in the London office for further details
We look forward to hearing from you.
VHR is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
VHR is an international technical recruitment organisation providing world leading recruitment services and solutions to the Aerospace & Aviation, F1 & Automotive, Engineering & Defence and Marine industries around the world.
By applying to this advert, you give consent to VHR holding & processing your personal data for the purpose of work finding services.
For more jobs like this visit www.v-hr.com