An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Production Engineer with experience of tool/fixture setting and passing off parts within a machining environment and CNC programming experience on Vertical and Horizontal machining centres.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an organisation that are dominating their market place, with huge expansion plans, fantastic training and enviable retention of staff.
As the Production Engineer you will:
- Work closely with Team Leaders, Technical Supports and Quality Engineers acting in a trouble shooting role to support production - machining processes.
- Identify process improvements within the manufacturing environment and implement changes identified to improve productivity and quality.
- Liaise with machine tool suppliers for new machining equipment to ensure the highest quality and most cost effective production methods.
- Procurement of cutting tooling and fixturing.
- Implement new products into the manufacturing environment by using APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) tools such as PFMEA\'s, process instructions, capability trials, MSA\'s etc
- Keeping up to date with current machining, fixturing and tooling technologies within manufacturing industry.
- Liaising with program management, design and development departments to ensure project deadline are met for new products and modifications to existing processes.
- Ensuring department goals and key objectives are tracked and achieved.
- Supervising sub-contractors and ensuring effective communication in order to avoid errors.
To be successful in the role of Production Engineer you will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience of tool/fixture setting, machine programming and passing off parts within a machining environment essential.
- CNC programming experience on Vertical and Horizontal machining centres
- Understanding of sensing and clamping solutions(air and hydraulics)
- Machine Controls (Fanuc, Mitsubishi, Siemens) knowledge essential.
- HNC in engineering desirable.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £30,000 - 40,000 (depending on experience) and an industry leading benefits package.
To apply for the position of Production Engineer, please send your CV to Gabrielle Beaver via the \'apply now\' button.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn