Project Manager (Aerospace / Aviation)
Salary: up to £40,000 plus excellent Benefits
I am working closely with my Bedfordshire-based aerospace client to find a Project Manager to join them. The purpose of the position is the planning and management of contracts delegated by the Project Office Manager to achieve the delivery schedules in line with the contracts and the financial objectives set for those contracts.
- Planning and management of contracted and/or internal projects delegated by the Project Office Manager, controlling critical success factors and criteria, including deliverables, schedule, costs, cash flow, profitability, quality and risk management.
- Development of budgets, work plans and works orders for delegated projects.
- Conducting regular project reviews; organisation and management of technical interchange meetings on delegated projects.
- Maintenance of Project Schedules and tracking progress of deliverables
- Raising of Purchase Orders and Sales Quotations (Invoices)
- Management of Supply Chains and Procurement on delegated projects ensuring that all subcontractors and suppliers deliver to agreed cost, schedule and quality and ensuring best value for money.
- Lead communicator with clients for delegated projects and development of customer relationships with a view to securing follow-on work.
- Support to functional groups within ASG and Aircraft Maintenance Group (AMG) in prioritisation, deliverables and management of individual workloads.
- Collection of customer feedback on delegated projects in accordance with CAeS quality procedures.
- Support to the development, maintenance and implementation of project management best practice and processes, meeting the requirements of the current ISO9001 standards.
- Completion of reporting activities in support of weekly Project Board meetings as required.
- Support to business development and proposal generation activities as required.
- Liaison with business development in support of transition from bid stage to project launch
- Support to the Project Office Manager and Head of ASG across all ASG / AMG projects and management activities as required.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Support the strategic development of company project management processes as part of the continual improvement programme.
- Contribute to the forward management of the Company by offering suggestions and constructive actions to processes and results.
- Maintain relationships with other Business Groups to ensure effective communication
- To ensure all necessary documentation is completed accurately.
- Ensure that Project Purchasing and Invoicing are up to date
- Ensure that Project Schedules and Project Files are up to date
- Ensure that Project Reporting is accurate
- To ensure the health and safety of all staff by observing Company policies and procedures and reporting any incidents as necessary.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Previous experience in Project / Programme Management using leading methodologies and processes.
- Experience of managing multiple projects controlling critical success factors and criteria
- Knowledge of MS Project and MS Office
- Understand budgetary control and resource allocation procedures.
- Ability to create a sense of community amongst the members of the project teams.
More information is available upon application.
When applying for this role, please indicate your current salary (plus benefits package), minimum salary required, notice period and your reasons for wishing to move from your current company. Alliance Consulting is acting as an employment agency in this respect. Alliance Consulting specialise in the placement of engineers throughout the UK. By sending us your CV you are explicitly consenting to our processing of your personal data on a computer database and/or in manual files for the purpose of evaluating your application for employment. This processing will be carried out in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998. By applying for this role you hereby consent to us submitting your CV to our client. If you do not wish your CV to be sent to our client then you must clearly state this to us. Equally, if there are any companies that you do not wish your CV to be sent to (for whatever reason), then please let us know of this when you apply.