Position summary: The Quality Assurance Lead will manage and support all customer, regulatory, contractual and Quality Management System requirements.
- Support the Quality Management System to ensure compliance to all applicable requirements and customer standards.
- Fully conversant in managing Aerospace Quality assurance standards and Airworthiness regulatory requirements AS9100, EASA Part 21 and Part 145, CAAC, MOD, Customers.
- Lead auditor experience to perform audits against AS9100/AS9110 standards on internal processes and within the supply chain.
- Lead third party audits and support the implementation of robust corrective and preventative actions.
- Knowledge of the NADCAP special process audit procedure.
- Interface with Operations and Supply Commodity teams.
- Lead RRCA and improvement activities to address quality issues, customer complaints and audit requirements.
- Ensure critical QNs and significant escapes are actioned through 8D\'s and other problem solving tools.
- Implement and maintain Zero Defect Initiative.
- Support daily tier reviews.
- Perform UPPAP / MPR / Control Builds / FAI activities as required.
- Review and approve operations data e.g. routes / specifications / work instructions.
- Utilise the ACE tools and methodology to increase efficiency and reduce costs and create a continuous improvement culture.
The above is a selection of responsibilities, there may be other tasks not listed that will be expected to support the changing business needs.
- Degree Qualified (Preferably Engineering Degree / HND Min)
- Significant relevant Quality experience gained within an Engineering environment, with a bias towards Mechanical Engineering.
- Full understanding of Quality requirements and contractual flow downs. In particular AS9100, EASA Part 21 and Part 145, CAAC, MOD.
- Lead auditor qualified to AS9100 (4 day training class preferred with exam pass grade).
- Extensive knowledge of the Aerospace Industry and can demonstrate expertise in Aerospace systems, products and procedures.
- Experience in creating and reviewing FAIR (Preferably proficient with Visual FAIR).
- Strong organization, planning, and action plan execution capabilities.
- Ability to manage effectively in a high pressure environment.
- Ability to motivate, gain commitments and hold stakeholders accountable.
- Experience in applying continuous improvement activities.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact verbally and in writing with customers, suppliers, colleagues and external contacts at all levels.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.