- Company : MatchTech
- Localisation : Hampshire, Fareham - UK - South East England
- Position : Quality Engineer
- Type of Contract : Permanent contract
- Date of publication : 2017-10-03
This position is responsible for executing the defined Strategic Quality Plan in conjunction with plant leadership. Provides quality assurance support to customers, suppliers, partners and internal manufacturing cells and participates in continuous improvement activities in targeted areas. Executes the Quality Assurance strategy to ensure product flow consistent with established industry standards, government regulations and customer requirements.
- Provides Quality customer interface and expertise to proactively assure requirements are understood and satisfied, including assisting in complaint resolution and root cause and corrective action determination
- Supports Supply Chain Management organization relative to the collection and analysis of supplier quality data providing expertise and assists suppliers with product and process quality requirements
- Executes the development, implementation, and improvement of the appropriate Quality Management Systems throughout the operation, providing advanced quality planning support in the development and launch of new products, processes and services
- Participates in the auditing of internal Quality Systems and completes part approval documentation to assure that customer requirements are met in new or modified products and processes
- Analyses organizational quality metrics and performs periodic reviews to evaluate results and recommend action plans to close gaps at an operational level
- Develops and analyses statistical data and product/process performance to recommend and implement improvements in targeted areas
- Contributes in the design and implementation of quality assurance training programs and conducts training in quality-related topics
- Participates in product development and launch activities including identification of customer expectations, manufacturing and test support, reliability analysis, design reviews, evaluation of test programs, material testing.
- Provides support in the way of development and evaluation of process capability, process control plans, analysis of out-of-control conditions and process audits
- Develops, implements, and audits inspection and test plans, standards and acceptance criteria, and procedures/work instructions
- Investigates and eliminates causes of quality problems and follows up on corrective actions
- Participates in the design, procurement, maintenance, and evaluation of gages, measurement instruments, devices and test equipment
- Thorough understanding of problem solving methods-i.e. Six Sigma, 8D, root cause analysis, and the associated statistical tools used to analyse problems, evaluate and complete improvement projects
- Detailed understanding of the key phases and requirements of an effective new product development and launch methodology
- Detailed knowledge of industry and customer specific quality registration schemes and certification processes (i.e., ISO9001, ISO/TS-16949, AS9100 etc).
- Detailed knowledge of process auditing techniques to ensure compliance to defined quality requirements.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (six Sigma) concepts and tool sets as they relate to process/product variability, and root cause and corrective action determination.
- Knowledge of product and end user application/specifications, including product testing requirements. (design/process interface)
- Thorough knowledge of gauging and basic understanding of product material properties
- Understanding of engineering design and product reliability concepts and tool sets
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
quality, as9100, easa, aerospace, 8d, 5y, root cause analysis
- Start date : ASAP
- Term :
- Experience Required : 5 to 10 years
- Salary : £30000 - £40000 per annum
- References : EMP399350_1507041207
- Activity area : Aerospace Engineering
Aviation and Aerospace Jobs similar to Quality Engineer