Job title: Quality Engineer
Salary Range - £30,000 - £45,000 p.a.
Working hours - Shift (09:00 - 17:00)
Industry - Composite Manufacturing
A Quality Engineer to work for an industry leader in composite materials and industrial fabrics. Having experience of the engineering or scientific background would be well received.
Due to demand of the well-established company, a Cambridge based company requires a Quality Engineer for a permanent role. As a Quality Engineer, you will be required to:
- Ideally the jobholder will understand the complexities and challenges within the composites industry
- An understanding of quality standards, primarily AS9100 (& ISO9001) and awareness of NADCAP.
- Relevant experience of working in a Quality Department.
- Demonstrable working knowledge of Microsoft Office, SPC techniques, Statistics, Minitab or other similar statistical packages.
- Relevant understanding of the working interface between globally linked sites and subsequent work experience within this environment.
- The ability to liaise and work with people at all levels within the Organisation
- Organisational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable experience of using Q-pulse/Pilgrim, AX2012, LIMS or other laboratory based data base management system would be desirable.
The Quality Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- To be able to review & interpret material specifications, qualification test plans and associated test methods and to highlight to management any inconsistencies or contradictions
- Undertake all aspects of test specimen preparation and generate defined physical, chemical and mechanical test data - implementing and developing new test methods as required - and proposing & implementing agreed improvements to existing procedures & processes
- Draft qualification test plans, as required, with line management support
- To generate - with autonomy - detailed test plans and overall project plans
- Investigate - with autonomy - the reasons behind unexpected specimen failures
- Statistically analyse and accurately document test data and material performance conclusions in a technical report format with detailed discussions based on technical reasoning and management consensus
- To undertake and champion ancillary tasks (including 5S, LEAN, continuous improvement, etc.) in support of the day-to-day running of the Qualification department
- Undertake project work in compliance with all relevant customer/material specifications, quality standards and health, safety & environmental (HSE) requirements - for self & others - & to maintain accurate records in support of said compliance
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone would like to develop their career. In return for your experience, this Cambridge based company will offer you:
- £30,000 - £45,000 p.a.
- Career development opportunities
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of manufacturing and you want to be considered,