To utilise experience as a quality professional to ensure promotion of quality engineering principles and techniques within the manufacturing and product support areas of the business in line with procedure, regulatory requirements and quality management objectives.
- Provide subject matter expertise to support the gimbals department with their MRB (material review board) process including verification of specifications to conform to BA requirements
- Run the daily MRBs and attend Tier meeting to provide dashboard update to Area Managers etc. to support completion of product permits which in turn enables sales to progress
- Build and maintain sensitive business relationships with key client, attending daily calls and providing support to the clients project manager and other senior management to deliver comprehensive updates on the progression of the FAIRs (First article inspection report)
- Provide internal updates regarding Scrap, FPY, & non-conformances for senior management
- Maintain a line of communication with clients overseas and the UK, and submit production permits and concessions to customers for signoff
- Liaise between suppliers and FAIR team to ensure all information is available to complete FAIRS on time
- Support the MRB process in the repairs / legacy area
- Review and close off NCRs (Non-conformance reports) and conduct root cause analysis
- Use quality tools and techniques such as 5 Why, 8D, PPAP, FMEA, DIR, and AS9100
- Attend Quality meetings and support the identification and resolution of shop floor issues
- Provide support to FRB (Fast response board) from a quality perspective
- Support external Nadcap audits within the gimbals department, and carry out internal operator and product audits using the Becon system.
Job Qualifications / Educational Requirements
- Educated ideally to degree or equivalent, in a quality or engineering related discipline however HNC or equivalent would be acceptable with appropriate engineering experience.
- Understanding of FAIR, LIAR
- Knowledge of quality registration schemes i.e.; ISO9001, AS9100, TS16949
- Understanding of supply chain management
- Knowledge of process auditing techniques
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing, process variation reduction i.e. six sigma, etc.
- Knowledge of product application / specification requirements
- Knowledge of gauging and control
- Lead auditor would be an advantage
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.