The R&T Project Leader is responsible for the planning, cost, quality and on time delivery of R&T projects. You will coordinate the Systems, Integration & Test function, the Design & Analysis function, the Materials and Laboratory function and the Methods function on behalf of the Program Chief Engineer in order to achieve major milestones of the project.
The role is primarily one of technical project management requiring both technical and project management skills. The position is an excellent step into technical management and opportunities exist for suitable candidates to represent the business within national and international technical forums.
Ideal applicants for this role would have a relevant Mechanical engineering qualification at MSc minimum, or PhD level and be able to demonstrate previous experience relative to the role. A background in Aircraft Testing would be highly beneficial. Knowledge of aircraft and aircraft landing gear would also be an advantage but not essential.
Objectives, schedule, milestones and deliverables:
- Coordination with UK research centres to carry out research related to development for design and manufacture.
- Developing relationships with Universities to foster both new and enhance existing links to academic research facilities.
- Represent the business at external forums and committees.
- Define project Statements Of Work (SOW) in conjunction with the Chief Engineers, technical experts and/or R&T program management team for all relevant R&T activities.
- Technology Readiness Level (TRL) targeted and means of demonstration.
- Align to company technology development strategy.
- Define budget and resources required for design, analysis, systems and/or materials engineering functions and develop Work Package Specifications as appropriate to achieve on time delivery of the project.
- Manage projects technically and approve deliverables into R&T.
- Represent the business as the technical interface with customers, partners, suppliers and national R&T funding agencies.
- Provide monthly reporting as required for the project.
- Support provision of resource estimation for submission to Engineering Demand Review (EDR) process.
- Establish and maintain project deliverable status, control and report expenses and cost-to-completion.
- Drive innovation and manage IP resulting from R&T projects in coordination with the R&T IP manager.
- Support the R&T Program Manager in reporting technical progress and submission of financial claims for externally funded projects.
- Represent the business at relevant technical committees when nominated by senior management.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.