* Test of electronic, analogue, digital and RF sub-systems up to 10 GHz including amplifiers, frequency up/down converters, complex RF and digital signal processing.
* Optimisation of RF circuits by stub tuning using parallel gap and thermal compression bonding techniques
* Quality control of test results and documentation Initial fault diagnosis and raising of non-conformance reports.
* Competent in the use of all types of propriety analogue and RF test equipment including vector and pulse network analysers
* Flexible approach to working methods and patterns. Overtime and shift working will be required including nightshifts and weekends.
* Pro-active role in maintaining a safe working environment and a clear commitment to health and safety in the workplace.
* Willingness to accept change and actively support continuous improvement, Willing to develop skills as required in support of production (assembly, test, inspection and support) and implements these flexibly.
* Minimum Requirement: HNC or equivalent qualification in electronic discipline plus relevant experience.
* Desirable Requirement: HND in Electronics/physics and/or strong relevant experience
* Strong RF and Digital testing experience
Reporting directly to the Team leader:
* Achieve the production plan by certifying conformance of equipment by quality control production electrical testing in accordance with defined test procedures and company quality requirements.
* Support business and departmental improvement initiatives
* Support new product introduction and development
* Escalate occurrences that prevent achievement of the production plan, including quality, cost and schedule impacts
* Report anomalous or out of limits results.
* Attend training as directed by team leader in conjunction with training coordinator
* Agree planned periods of holiday and absence
* Escalate deviations from work instructions, routings and any other production impacts to the production support team in the absences of the team leader
* Represent team leader and department at impact reviews and meetings as directed
* Attend training and development courses as directed by team leader and training coordinator
* Maintain accurate quality control test results and test event logs.
* Provide first line fault analysis and raise mandatory non conformance reports for non compliant or anomalous tests
* Support introduction of new test methods
* Understand use and limitations of relevant test equipment
* Support and contribute to the introduction of production improvement and efficiency initiatives
* Have an awareness of business and departmental cost and schedule requirements
* Adhere to company and departmental Health and Safety and COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health) processes and procedures
* Conform to company and departmental policies and procedures
Portsmouth working may initially be normal days (Monday to Friday) for a period of familiarisation, however, there is an expectation that the programme will require shift work from then on - so a degree of flexibility around this is expected.
Shift early 06:00hrs to 14:00 hrs
Shift late 14:00 hrs to 22:00 hrs
Night shift 22:00 to 06:00 hrs