An Aviation engineering organisation are looking for a Sales and Account Manager who will be responsible for the development and performance of sales activities for existing and potential customers in the assigned European markets.
The Sales and Account Manager will deliver achievement of maximum profitability and drive performance to meet or exceed budgets and profitability.
The Sales and Account Manager will report to the Commercial Director and work closely with the Business unit management teams to establish and deliver plans and strategy to expand the customer base across the identified markets mainly European.
The Sales and Account Manager will ensure close management and afford assistance to network of approved agents and representatives, to ensure maximum market coverage and growth is secured and that a superior customer service is achieved to key accounts.
The Sales & Account Manager Responsibilities
- Prepare action plans for effective search of sales leads and prospects
- Direct customer liaison including visits, correspondence with present and future sales
- Initiate and coordinate development of action plans to penetrate new markets
- Review of existing customer business to define and realise potential new business
- Undertake detailed ongoing analysis and understanding of territory
- Assist in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed
- Develop and act on territory sales activity plans
- Provide feedback to senior management and business units regarding sales performance
- Provide timely, accurate and competitive pricing proposals and quotations
- Maintain maximum profit margin and maintain accurate records of all pricing and sales
- Propose potential new repair capability opportunities to develop the repair business
- Provide regular visit reports to directorate and management teams
- Provide content to and assist in the preparation of management reports
- Attend Trade Shows and Exhibitions as requested
- Liaise with accounts department to assist with debtor queries to ensure invoices are cleared
Qualifications and Requirements for the Sales & Account Manager
- Well Educated with a strong technical customer service background, seeking to advance career in a sales role
- Aerospace/aviation background and employment history highly desirable
- European language skills essential; Italian and German speaker preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of the aviation and MRO markets - distinct advantage
- Able to cultivate customer relationships through application of strong interpersonal skills
- Experience and understanding of all aspects of supplier relationship management
- Able to demonstrate ability to take a strategic and analytical approach
- Able to identify and win new business based from existing and new customers
- Able to compile and assist in managing proposals
- Computer literate; able to demonstrate effective use Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Security Clearance may be required for this role due to the nature of the Industry