A Senior Reliability and Safety Engineer is required to join an innovative Aerospace and Defence company on Permanent basis that specialises in advanced products primarily for the Aerospace industry. The Reliability and Safety Engineer will report directly to the RMS Manager and provide technical expertise and leadership to support the optimisation of systems and equipment reliability, maintainability and safety parameters.
The Senior Reliability and Safety Engineer will provide systems that meet their safety objectives, that are reliable and which require minimum expenditure to support throughout its operational life. The Reliability and Safety Engineer will not have any direct reports although will provide Technical Support to the business and the company Project Teams
Responsibilities of the Senior Reliability and Safety Engineer
- Take a Senior role in developing the technical capability of the RMS department
- Develop state-of-the-art processes for RMS work flow
- Conduct technical RMS work to support both mechanical and electronics equipment
- Provide detailed knowledge of Reliability, Maintainability, Safety & Testability
- Work towards becoming our RMS technical authority
- Technically mentor less experienced members of team
- Prepare and review Reliability documentation, FMECAs, Testability Documentation
- Prepare and review Flight Safety Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis, Hazard Analysis Documentation
- Prepare and review System Safety Analysis, and Maintainability Analysis Documentation
- Liaise with internal and external customers and suppliers including internationally
- Specific emphasis to be placed in support for the development of programme teams
- Be able to review and understand external Technical Specifications as they apply to
- Be able to review and understand RMS contractual requirements
- Be able to review and understand Technical Drawings and Design Reports
- Be able to review and understand system schematic diagrams
- Plan, organise and control activities to ensure on-time delivery
Technical Requirements of the Senior Reliability and Safety Engineer
- IEng or CEng accredited
- University degree in Aerospace Technology / Systems / Aeronautical / Aero-Mechanical Engineering or other relevant technical discipline with a strong Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering content.
- Relevant industrial experience can be considered also
- Knowledge of RMS standards, e.g. MIL-HDBK, DEF-STAN and MIL-STAN, ARP4671
- Good planning, organisational, analytical, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Good decision-making, problem-solving, oral and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of mechanical, electrical and Systems engineering principles
- Good understanding of Aircraft Systems development
- Knowledge of the Microsoft office suite at intermediate level.
Security Clearance will be required for this role due to the nature of the products involved.