Senior Mechanical Engineer to be responsible for the mechanical development of components, subsystems and complete assemblies for release to manufacture based Stevenage with attractive package
My client are global leaders in the provision of advanced wireless coverage and mobile communications systems, producing innovative, cost-effective solutions that address market requirements for improved connectivity, greater capacity and better quality of experience.
You will develop mechanical components, sub-systems and complete products from concept through to release for manufacture, which includes supporting products in manufacture. Main components typically include die cast and pressed metal housings, CNC machined shielding, custom cables, labels and fittings. Development may include optimising designs to meet demanding thermal requirements.
At times you will act in a supporting role producing drawings and performing design updates and may be called on to act as the sole Mechanical Engineer on projects and programs with responsibility for the entire mechanical development ensuring designs are robust, fully documented, prototyped, tested and introduced to the production line without problem.
Main Duties of Senior Mechanical Engineer
· Experienced in performing degree level engineering calculations on a regular basis
· Chartered Engineer or working towards it
· Minimum of 5000 hours experience in a mid or high end CAD package, preferably SolidWorks.
· Has a good understanding of electronics, PCB technology and the interaction with Mechanical design
· Fluent in performing thermal analysis and optimising designs to meet the thermal requirements.
· Understands the physics of heat and the core principles of how to manage it.
· Hand-calculations and non-FEA based analysis thermal analysis software
· Drafting to BS 8888 with the full application of GD&T
· Proven experience working on the development of new products
· Experienced in design for low volume production (< 5,000 Per Annum)
· Designing for CNC machining and other low volume processes
· Design of industrial equipment or similar products
· Understanding and application of product development process from concept to launch
· Use of traditional and state of the art tools to ensure designs are robust, reliable and optimised for production
· Competitive base salary
· Excellent benefits package
· Matched contribution pension
· 3x Salary Life Assurance
· Access to all employee bonus plan
If you are interested in working for the leading global technology and services innovator as a Senior Mechanical Engineer with a flexible working environment, company benefits and potential future progression based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire please apply now
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.