Purpose Of Job:
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for implementing and developing best practice project management disciplines and to drive a \'best in class\' culture within the incumbent project management team. The Senior Project Manager will also manage all aspects of project delivery and manage key global relationships with internal and external stakeholder groups.
Area(s) of Responsibility:
- Key Project Deliverables - Cost / Time / Risk / Satisfaction / Contract / Financial
- Manage Internal and External Stakeholder Groups
- Improve profitability within project portfolio
- Delivering Client Satisfaction promoting an \'on time, in budget\' service.
(Dotted Line Reports)
- Project Management Group / Construction Management Group
- Commercial - Planning / Procurement / Contract / Financial
- Any contracted third parties as appropriate
- Manage Key Functional Elements of Project Delivery of Complex Engineering Projects
- Meet or Exceed the Project Performance Targets
- Manage all aspects of Project Delivery within your designated project portfolio.
- Manage all key relationships which drive successful project delivery
- Major account management within the delivery cycle of
- Testing and Commissioning
- Report Key Performance Deliverables to the executive board
- Work towards achieving BS standard accreditation for the Project Management blueprint
- Build upon and implement a performance / results driven culture
Experience and Qualifications
The desired qualifications for the positions would include a technical degree (BSc or BEng) followed by project management and / or business qualifications such as an MBA.
- Experience of working within project management role within an engineering organisation
- Practical experience of managing all stages of the project delivery life cycle including design, engineering, manufacture & installation
- Expertise in the delivery of demanding projects to strict timescales and standards
- Demonstrable knowledge and ability with project management philosophies and tools
- Experience of working within a structured project delivery environment
- Experience in materials handling or automation engineering industries
- Experience of working and delivering cultural change management
- Knowledge of MS Projects and Primavera.
- Is Results Driven - You\'ll consistently achieve results by setting challenging targets, organising work effectively and overcoming obstacles. Where appropriate you\'ll deliver results through others, creating an environment that supports achievements
- Promotes Change Management - You will make improvements through introducing and managing change. You will anticipate consequences, gain acceptance for change and measure the resulting impact.
- Able to Manage Conflict - You can manage conflict in a constructive and culturally appropriate way. You have the courage to assert your own view and challenge appropriately when necessary.
The duties as described herein are intended as a guide only, and it should be understood that operational demands may at times necessitate that an employee perform duties not included in this description.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn