Senior Quality Engineer - Permanent - Northamptonshire - Precision Manufacturing
A Senior Quality Engineer is required to join a Precision Manufacturing Company that operates within the High Engineering Sector. The Senior Quality Engineer will report directly to the Quality Manager and will be enhance current processes and assure the conformance of manufactured components to ensure customer's requirements and profitability are achieved.
The Senior Quality Engineer will also monitor supplier performance and develop under performers as necessary This role will require an experienced individual capable of understanding, interpreting and communicating customer requirements to the various Manufacturing departments within.
Senior Quality Engineer - Key Responsibilities
- To liaise with Production to ensure product manufactured internally meets engineering specification
- To resolve quality problems that arise during production.
- Work with manufacturing to support the implementation of and adherence to laid down processes.
- To represent Quality department in related internal as well as external meetings.
- To coach Quality Technicians as required.
- Use metrology skills and experience to validate product and processes
- Take rapid steps to initiate corrective action and prevent recurrence of Non-Conformance's.
- Assist with Supplier Development activities.
- Enhance overall supplier performance in line with Company requirements.
- To work alongside Production Engineering using Quality Tools to validate processes.
- To apply problem solving technique and drive root cause analysis.
- Compile Quality reports on findings.
- To carry out internal system and process audits related to Quality & Environmental systems.
- To use APQP and PPAP for new and existing projects as required by Customer.
- Evaluate the need of new equipment & gauges.
- Do the upmost for proper record keeping on existing quality systems at the company.
- Deputize for the Quality Manager on his absence.
Technical Skills and Experience Required for the Senior Quality Engineer
- HNC in Engineering or related subject.
- Experience with CMM and other CNC measuring equipment.
- Experience with manual measuring equipment and gauge control / calibration.
- Computer literate, comfortable using ERP software and MS Office daily.
- Able to prepare and deliver presentations to a wider group.
- Ability to communicate and report effectively at all levels of the organisation.
- Fully conversant with Quality tools such as Control Plans, ISIR, 8D reporting, QOS KPI's.
- Knowledge about the 5 Quality Core Tools (APQP - FMEA - MSA - SPC - PPAP).
- Knowledge about internal quality auditing.
- Experience in a Technical Engineering and Manufacturing, Mechanical, or Metallurgic industry.
**Security Clearance may be required for this role due to the nature of the products**