Verify is a market-leading provider of supplier quality and supplier performance management services to the aerospace and defence industries.
We are looking to expand our team with the addition of a Senior Quality Engineer / Project Manager, who will be based out of a client\'s facility near Bournemouth and will involve traveling throughout the UK and Europe, supporting activities such as product inspection, first article validation, auditing and route cause / 8D analysis.
We envisage that 20-30% of the time will be spent on the road, working at various supplier locations, with the remainder being spent based at our client\'s site, managing Verify\'s First Article and Audit program on behalf of the client.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Set-up and oversee a UK and European First Article Validation program, as well as perform First Article Validation activity
- To coordinate all FAI activity, assigning activity to engineers and ongoing prioritisation to ensure deadlines are met
- Technical screening of external engineering contractors who will support the contract
- Manage the delivery day-to-day service delivery, including specialist sub-contractors, ensuring all works are undertaken accurately and in accordance with the requirements of the contract.
- Accurately monitor all activities to ensure real-time status is available to at all times.
- Program reporting.
- Focus on customer needs and customer preferences using \'customer care\' concepts in theory and practice including needs of internal customers in administration and operational teams
- Perform route cause analysis / 8D on escapes
- Perform supplier assessments (process / product, inspection capability etc.)
- Lead performance improvement activities on established outsourced programs
Qualifications and Skills
- Ideally hold a Degree level qualification or equivalent (typically HND or higher)
- Significant manufacturing, quality and/or supplier quality experience within an aerospace manufacturing environment
- Proven knowledge and experience in quality control and Problem Solving (Process FMEA / 8D / root cause analysis etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of AS9102 and ideally PPAP
- Ability to read blue prints and knowledge of ANSI 14.5 GD&T with Mechanical, Electrical or Electronics Quality Assurance/Control and Metrology experience
- Effective written and verbal communication skills able to interface with key stakeholders
- Proactive and comfortable to challenge customers and suppliers, as well as lead supplier dispute resolution
- Lean tools & techniques, Value stream management and VSM mapping techniques.
- ISO 9001 / AS9100 Auditor preferred
Start Date: Immediate / January 2018
Salary: £40-£50k depending on experience
Holiday: 30 days including statutory holidays
Benefits: 4% matching pension, private medical, death in service, access to flexible benefits scheme
Job Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £40,000.00 to £50,000.00 /year