Reporting to the Engineering Director, the Senior Stress Specialist is the Structures /Stress authority within the Company, responsible for the Team\'s functional capability (including process, tools and people development) and the delivery of stress milestones across all projects and components (specially aerospace heat exchangers and fluid management systems).
- Build, lead and develop a team of stress engineers with the appropriate level of skills and experience to deliver the engineering (stress) solutions
- Provide technical leadership and direction to the team
- Plan, supervise and validate all stress activities and documentation carried out within the team, including New Product Introduction, Fleet support, Production support (non-conformity assessment, production permits, concessions), validation, testing and certification
- Responsible for defining and applying the adequate processes and methods for structural/stress analysis, and ensuring process compliance within the team
- Design review oversight and coordination (from a structural point of view)
- Develop and deliver stress capability road map (processes, methods, tools, people)
- Perform complex structural analysis utilizing classical hand calculations as well as finite element analysis methods to demonstrate structural integrity, influence and optimize product design (specially aerospace heat exchangers and fluid management systems), including static and dynamic analysis, thermal fatigue, damage tolerance, durability, design allowables and structural modelling.
- Mentor, coach and develop stress team members
- Support the establishing of structural specifications, conducting of performance tests, and planning or conducting of experimental, environmental, operational, or stress tests on models or prototypes to ensure that quality and performance standards are met
- Education - Educated to degree level in a relevant engineering discipline
- Experience - Demonstrated expertise in structural/stress analysis, preferably in the Aerospace industry
- Demonstrated technical leadership in previous roles
- Experience in hand calculations and Finite Element Analysis (preferable in ANSYS)
- Preferably experienced in heat exchangers, Ozone convertors and fluid management systems
- Desirable experience in robust design, tolerance analysis, thermal analysis, optimization methods, CAD, PLM, Teamcenter
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.