Senior Systems Engineer - Battery Management - Lithium-ion battery
C60 Executive Search are seeking a Senior Systems Engineer - Battery Management for our unique client based in Germany. This organisation is truly remarkable and revolutionary with their approach to cutting edge and innovative technology. Continuing to push the boundaries of travel.
Within this position, you will be reporting to the Head of the Department of Energy Storage and oversee the development of battery and energy management in hardware and software.
Energy storage, flight control and flight planning differs significantly from land-based systems and requires special attention. You will develop ways to manage the available energy inflight and always ensure a safe landing. You will also remain hands-on, assembling and testing designs and prototypes.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
· You will be required to develop airworthy battery management, and coordination of hardware and software implementation.
· Development, implementation and validation of eVTOL energy management concepts.
· Coordination of BMS/EMS integration with high power circuits, avionics, instruments and controls.
· Cell and battery modelling on different fidelity levels.
· Support of cell characterisation and tests.
· Support of aircraft operation improvements regarding optimised operation and ageing of the battery, including charging strategies.
· Close cooperation with departments for hardware and software development, avionics systems, and flight control.
· Support of verification and validation according to CS-23, DO-160, DO-311.
· Support of development of series production, maintenance and operating processes.
· MSc, PhD or equivalent degree in in electrical engineering, physics or a related field required.
· Strong knowledge of battery technology, Li-ion battery technology in particular.
· Strong knowledge of state-of-the-art Li-ion battery management.
· Experience in embedded hardware and software development.
· Experience in use of electrical and cell measurement equipment.
· Knowledge of cell and system modelling and simulation.
· Experience in the automotive or aerospace field is a plus.
· Strong motivation to help build structures and processes.
· High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomous.
· Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem solving skills required.
· Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial.
My client welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Germany.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.