A Senior Systems Engineer is required within a leading Telecommunications and Satellite and Space Systems Technology Company. The successful Senior Systems Engineer will join a specialised team in this sector and will report to the Systems Manager.
The Senior Systems Engineer will be involved in requirements engineering, writing and maintaining system and subsystem specifications and understand how systems are put together.
The Senior Systems Engineer will be involved with configuration management, integration and test, safety and environmental engineering, regulatory conformance and engineering for availability and support.
The Skill Set and Responsibilities for the Senior Systems Engineer
- Develop end-to-end communication system solutions to connect remote areas
- Performing requirements engineering for elements within a systems design
- Production and maintenance of specifications to suppliers of subsystems
- Carrying out systems analysis and design trade-off
- Integration of Subsystems and Configuration Management.
- Contribution to System Integration and Test, authoring test procedures and test execution
- Supporting technical interface to suppliers; evaluating level of compliance of subsystems and systems
- Configuration management and Application of technical standards
- Carrying out activities for deployment of systems to sites and facilities
- Act as the Technical interface to suppliers regarding acceptance of subsystems
- A robust approach to clarity of levels of compliance of subsystems and systems with specification
- Planning for and provision of technical and user documentation
- Planning for deployment of systems and their validation; supervision of deployment activities
Requirements for the Senior Systems Engineer
- A good honours degree or equivalent in a Maths, Science or Engineering subject
- Experience in working effectively within technical teams
- Experience of system qualification and acceptance
- Strong capability in requirements engineering and management, including requirement traceability
- Ability to define and evaluate technical trade-off analysis
- Developing software intensive system and knowledge of regulatory conformance certifications
- Familiar with communication networks or systems
- Working in space/satellite industry an advantage
- Understanding of satellite radio communications systems and management
- Knowledge of specifications in UML or SysML or similar
- Experience of deploying equipment and services to sites or facilities
- Developing software intensive systems
- Ability to gain UK Security Clearance
- Good document writing and presentation skills