- Company : Capital International Staffing
- Localisation : Buckinghamshire, High Wycombe - UK - South East England
- Position : Senior Systems Engineer (Military, Defence, Aerospace systems)
- Type of Contract : Permanent contract
- Date of publication : 2017-11-03
Senior Systems Engineer (Military, Aerospace, Defence, Naval) or an experienced Systems Engineer looking for progression to senior role. Defence/ highly regulated industry experience required. Full lifecycle experience.
Will be working on lots of projects ranging from small ongoing assignments to larger programmes. Ability to be able to guide/mentor more "junior" Systems Engineer. Succession path is available to allow for career progression.
Working with teams in Australia. Opportunities to travel to Australia or even future opportunities for relocation (if desired) may be available.
Working with a specialist with a strong reputation for designing, developing and integrating complex systems for maritime, terrestrial and airborne applications.
You will need to be highly experienced with the full lifecycle and delivery for large, complex systems.
Strong engineering background, full requirement capture, documentation and delivery.
* To ensure all tasks allocated are performed using processes to the desired timeframe and quality.
* Effective management and execution of project Work Packages.
* Understanding and reviewing requirements documentation
* Conducting System Engineering using the outputs of the various engineering teams
* Defining the system\'s sub-systems and their requirements including hardware and software
* Developing and continually refining the system acceptance strategy, and verification method for each system requirement. This includes writing the Acceptance Management Plan and Test Specifications.
* Ensuring the specification, design and acceptance are fully traceable
* Ensuring compliance of the design to the technical requirements and project constraints (e.g. cost)
* Deriving, defining and documenting:
a. System Acceptance Test Specifications,
b. System Functional Test/Factory Acceptance Test Procedures
* Assist with writing the project System Requirements Specifications
* Assist with developing and documenting the System Design through System Design Specifications and Interface Specifications
* Attending training and becoming suitably qualified and experienced to operate equipment independently
* Adhering to all safety work instructions
* Assisting engineers with engineering testing
* Conducting integration testing
* Conducting system testing
* Conducting formal testing in conjunction with QA team
* Providing adequate descriptions and recording of defects such that they can be investigated by other engineers
* Supporting fault investigation
* Supporting the safety verification process as required
* Supporting the engineering teams as required
Capital International Staffing Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
senior Systems Engineer, DOORS, Military, Defence, Aerospace, Requirements Capture, Work Package, Marine, Sub-systems
- Start date :
- Term :
- Experience Required : 5 to 10 years
- Salary : £40000 - £50000 per annum
- References : SystEng/Perm/PL_1509700238
- Activity area : Aerospace Engineering
Aviation and Aerospace Jobs similar to Senior Systems Engineer (Military, Defence, Aerospace systems)