Our client\'s project team is responsible for the Displays and Controls, Integrated Monitoring and Recording System and Defensive Aids Subsystems for the Typhoon Synthetic Training System software.
The engineer role will report to the Project Manager (PM), and will be responsible in conjunction with the other engineers for software updates and testing of the above subsystems. This also includes maintenance of test artefacts and test environment. This role is based in Yeovil although some travel will be required to other sites for full systems integration with other software and hardware will be required, sometimes at short notice.
Key Responsibilities of Role:
- Technically understand the requirements/design and be responsible for code and test script updates within allocated time and budget.
- Be able to provide support to integration activities in Manching sometimes at short notice. Liaise directly with other BAE Systems teams and integration team in Manching to expedite issues raised.
- Liaise with other team members to ensure workshare between the team is balanced.
- Support Project Design Reviews as required
- Technically support any future projects bid work.
- Provide project data to the project manager to help produce and maintain a metrics pack for the project.
- Support the project Design Authority during the Design Certification process and any other project audits as necessary.
- Additional project related technical tasks requested by the ASTA PM.
- C++, ADA, scripting languages
- Strong testing background
- Typhoon Simulator/Synthetic Training Systems experience
- Aircraft/Simulation systems related to Displays and Controls, DASS, IMRS, NAV or other fast jet systems
- Ability and desire to understand technical requirements at system and subsystem level.
The pay rate is £42.50, this could be negotiated for the right candidate in certain circumstances. If this isn\'t right for you, its worth noting we have a referral scheme that pays £200 for candidates who go on to secure a role with us.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn