Our client are looking for adaptable contract software engineers, able to hit the ground running, with a desire to deliver quality software to meet contractual milestones.
You will build on a core software skill set of UML design, iterative and incremental life-cycles and high level programming languages as you join our team to develop equipment supporting submarine weapon systems, sonobuoy systems and continue to support our electro-optic, gun fire control systems and platform data management systems.
- Contribute to all aspects of a product lifecycle, including analysis of requirements, high level and detailed design, implementation, test and deployment
- Planning approach to software development and testing
- Development of high quality, well tested code and accompanying documentation
- Rigorous configuration control of Software Items and configuration data
- Adherence to the company\'s engineering processes and procedures
- Support the deployment of the software, both onto production hardware and the completed product once deployed to the end users
- Providing clear regular reports on progress to the Software Functional Team Lead and Project Management chains
Skills, Qualification and Experience:
- UML and associated tools (Rhapsody and EA architect)
- Qt/QML GUI Framework
- Agile development (Jira)
- Automated test technologies (GoogleTest, GoogleMock and Squish)
- IP Communications
- Serial and discrete communications
- Linux Operating System
- Operating system hardening
- Virtualisation experience (e.g. VMWare, Hypervisor)
- Clear and concise documentation skills (Microsoft office toolset)
- Configuration control (SVN and GIT)
- Continuous integration and build (Jenkins)
- Developing software in a regulated environment (Defence, Aerospace and Automotive)
You must currently hold or be capable and willing to achieve, UK SC security Clearance.