Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance.
The company are a world leader in what they do, and they are offering an exciting opportunity to join the Software Engineering function, as a Software Safety Engineer!
The Software Safety Engineer will be part of a team delivering software safety arguments for the next generation of advanced systems, with a specific focus on the safety assurance of the company\'s software products.
You will be helping to develop safe, secure and reliable products, and you will be helping to manage and develop software safety for the next generation of Systems across multiple specialist areas!
- Ideally qualified to degree-level or equivalent experience in a Physics or Engineering based subject, such as; Electronics, Hardware, Computer Science, Software or Systems Engineering etc.
- Significant experience in delivering safety-related/critical reports and arguments - or equivalent experience.
- Experience in the delivery of (software) safety cases and arguments.
- To succeed in this role you will need to have an eye for detail, understand the need for complete openness and traceability in the safety arguments that you produce, and demonstrate unshakeable integrity in your commitment to the role.
- You will favour a collaborative, open approach to development and have the ability to inspire others and maintain momentum during development.
- The work that you undertake will be across multiple products and sites, so strong communication skills and the ability to motivate others is essential.
- You will have the opportunity to work with software engineers in the adoption of new languages and techniques to ensure that they can be used in the development of safety-related/critical software.
- Experience of working with the external stakeholders to understand the concept of operations for products, in order to understand the functional safety/hazards.
- Experience working in the defence or similar safety regulated sector.
- Experience working to Defence or Military standards such as MIL-STD-882, EN 61508 RTCA DO-254 and RTCA DO-178C or similar;
- Working knowledge of industry standards such as DEF STAN 00-056, 00-055, 00-051.
- Experience covering Safety and Reliability & Maintainability analysis including reliability prediction, FMECA and Fault Tree Analysis (FTA).
For full information, please get in touch!
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.