- Working with a cross-site team of specialists to ensure compliance and best practice within the special processes to internal, international, Nadcap and customer requirements whilst ensuring all internal Health, Safety & Environment requirements are fully met.
- Working alongside the Operational teams to support the delivery of on-time in full to the customer.
- Providing technical support to the wider business, internal stakeholders and suppliers on special process matters.
- The primary special process commodities are Heat Treatment, Chemical Processing & Welding.
- Ensure the procedures and working practices comply with internal, international, Nadcap and customer requirements
- Maintain and work rigorously to company procedures
- Be the technical focal point for Nadcap audits including the planning, preparation, audit and follow-up of NCR\'s and corrective actions
- Prepare the qualification of internal special processes, suppliers of special processes and internal Operators
- Conduct internal & supplier special process audits and manage corrective actions to ensure these are implemented within a timely manner
- Work closely with suppliers where quality performance has deteriorated to identify root cause of issues, compile action plan and resolve problems.
- Conduct new and continuation training & awareness of special processes with stakeholders & Operators
- Support & influence the commodities, Group and supplier strategies and sourcing decisions (including but not limited to supplier rationalisation) with technical knowledge
- Actively share key learning\'s and best practice with your colleagues across all sites & commodities
- Work collaboratively with your stakeholders to meet their needs and foster a positive working environment by being action oriented in order to bring about solutions
- Ensure all data, filing and records are kept up-to-date and comply with retention periods
- Represent the team during functional meetings and Operational reviews
Candidate Skills & Requirements
- Experience of working in a special process environment is essential
- Engineering related HNC / HND / Degree or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of aerospace or automotive quality standards / regulations and Nadcap is preferred - however other industry sectors will be considered
- Continuous improvement mind-set along with the confidence and personal credibility to challenge current process / policies in order to provide innovative ideas for the future
- Strong planning & organisational skills in order to manage a high volume & varied workload and the delivery of improvement projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English in order to produce clear, concise, timely reports & presentations
- Show ability to be proactive and complete tasks autonomously where appropriate and be comfortable with this.
- Strong team player capabilities and happy to work with a team effectively, knowing when to rely on them for support and when to use others skills appropriately
- Experience of using key quality tools including problem solving techniques (i.e. PFMEA, SPC 8D, 6 Sigma, etc)
Although this is a Quality Engineering bias role, we would be interested in seeing applications from other engineering skill-sets who hold the relevant special process knowledge, i.e. Manufacturing/Production Engineer, Process Engineer, Chemical Engineer, Materials Engineer/Metallurgist, etc.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.