The Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for ensuring compliance and timely delivery of conforming Avionics/Electrical/Electronic product to the end customer.
Daily tasks & responsibilities:
- Generation and implementation of Quality plans to meet Customer requirements
- Completion of required First Article Inspections (AS9102) and ensure smooth transition of new products into production
- Perform Supplier Quality control on a variety of products/processes that could include PCB/Black Box Assemblies, Environment Stress Screening, Loom Manufacture, Electrical/Black Box Testing and PCB Coating Process adherence.
- Drive product and process non-conformance investigations and associated root cause analysis activities including concession management
- Manage and host Customer audits and source inspection activities
- Ensure inspection process adherence and associated physical sign-off of product prior to despatch.
- Manage Quality escapes and Customer investigations.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- First Article Inspections (AS9102).
- QMS implementation and lead auditing to recognised aerospace standards
- Proven background in Quality Assurance and thorough understanding of Quality tools and techniques
- Quality Planning - ability to effectively flow down Customer specific requirements and ensuring capture of all quality requirements relating to the achievement of product compliance
- Sound electro-mechanical engineering background and associated inspection knowledge - experience with Avioncis/Electrical/Electronics is highly desirable and would ideally include experience working to IPC610 (soldering standards) and IPC620 (cabling standards).
- Attention to detail and methodical approach.
- Self-starter with a desire for problem solving and process improvement
- Professional conduct and good communication skills to influence both internally and externally.
- Visual Fair (application) knowledge would be advantageous.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.