Verify is a market-leading provider of supplier quality and supplier performance management services to the aerospace and defence industries.
We are looking to expand our team with the addition of a Supplier Quality Engineer, who will be based out of our Milton Keynes or Wolverhampton office and will involve traveling throughout the UK and Europe, supporting activities such as product inspection, first article validation, auditing and route cause / 8D analysis.
We envisage that 80% of the time will be spent on the road, working at various supplier locations, with the remainder being spent within our offices working with sales and account managers on technical / engineering aspects of our service delivery, including technical interviews of external engineering contractors interested in working on our behalf.
Tasking may include, but not be limited to:
- Set-up and oversee Source Inspection programs, as well as perform Source Inspection activity
- Set-up and oversee First Article Validation programs, as well as perform First Article Validation, per AS9102
- Perform route cause analysis / 8D on escapes
- Perform supplier assessments (process / product, inspection capability etc.)
- Lead performance improvement activities on established outsourced programs
- Carry out other duties compatible with this job and the individual skills of the jobholder(s), as required by management
The ideal candidate will have:
- Ideally hold a Degree level qualification or equivalent (typically HND or higher)
- Significant manufacturing, quality and/or supplier quality experience within an aerospace manufacturing environment
- Proven knowledge and experience in quality control and Problem Solving (Process FMEA / 8D / root cause analysis etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of AS9102 and ideally PPAP
- Effective written and verbal communication skills able to interface with key stakeholders
- Proactive and comfortable to challenge customers and suppliers, as well as lead supplier dispute resolution
- Lean tools & techniques, Value stream management and VSM mapping techniques.
- ISO 9001 / AS9100 Auditor preferred
- Ability to read blue prints and knowledge of ANSI 14.5 GD&T with Mechanical, Electrical or Electronics Quality Assurance/Control and Metrology experience
The successful candidate must have and maintain a valid passport and driver\'s licences, and be willing to travel throughout Europe.
Start Date: December 2017
Salary: £37-£42k depending on experience
Holiday: 30 days including statutory holidays
Benefits: 4% matching pension, private medical, death in service, access to flexible benefits scheme