Systems Engineer - Permanent - Hertfordshire - Telecommunications Technology
A Systems Engineer is required within a leading Telecommunications and Satellite and Space Systems Technology Company. The successful Systems Engineer will join a specialised team in this sector and will report to the Systems Manager.
The Systems Engineer will be involved in requirements engineering, writing and maintaining system and subsystem specifications and understand how systems are put together.
The Systems Engineer will be involved with configuration management, integration and test, safety and environmental engineering, regulatory conformance and engineering for availability and support; the systems engineer will bring skills in some but not all of these areas.
The Skill Set and Responsibilities for the Systems Engineer
- Develop end-to-end communication system solutions to connect remote areas
- Performing requirements engineering for elements within a systems design
- Production and maintenance of specifications to suppliers of subsystems
- Carrying out systems analysis and design trade-off
- Contribution to System Integration and Test, authoring test procedures and test execution
- Supporting technical interface to suppliers; evaluating level of compliance of subsystems and systems
- Configuration management and Application of technical standards
- Production of technical and user documentation/ data for systems
- Carrying out activities for deployment of systems to sites and facilities
- Installation and configuration of computer systems
Requirements for the Systems Engineer
- A good honours degree or equivalent in a Maths, Science or Engineering subject
- Systems engineering and operational design knowledge
- Familiar with communication networks or systems.
- An interest in space technologies and communications will be advantageous
- Understanding of satellite or mobile radio communications systems
- Developing software intensive systems
- Understanding of networking and network protocols
- Specifications in UML or SysML or similar
- Having a real enthusiasm for developing complex systems
- Ability to gain UK Security Clearance
- Ability to work effectively within technical teams
- Good knowledge of core system engineering disciplines of requirements engineering
- Ability to carry out technical trade-off analyses
- An interest in systems development lifecycles to create robust solutions
- Good document writing and presentation skills