As a Systems Engineer you will provide the system level design expertise to lead activities of the vehicle research design, development and upgrade projects.
Analysis of customer requirements, their derivation and allocation to systems, sub systems levels using formal methods and tools (DOORS).
Development of System and Subsystem design documentation.
Review and development of a System model (SysML) in accordance with requirements and design maturation.
Working with the engineering and customer team to assist in resolving design queries or conflicts.
Supporting the design review process over the development life cycle.
Actively engage oath the project team in the development of vehicle systemic attributes and physical architecture concepts
Supporting system trade studies to evaluate system concepts and establish preliminary designs.
Maturity planning and management
Coordinate with the wider Engineering team to deliver a coherent design/platform
Participate in internal and external meetings or design review. This may involve undertaking technical presentations. The generation and review of technical reports
Provide engineering input to project submissions including cost estimating, project plans, and progress reports.
* Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline With at least 5 years postgraduate experience within an engineering environment
* Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
* Be self-motivated and be able to work with the minimum of supervision within a team environment
* Understanding of SysML
* Competent in the following software packages:
* Microsoft office
* Product Lifecycle Management tools such as TeamCenter.
* Experience of either automotive, or suspension or tracked vehicle systems
* Experience of Military Vehicle Design
* Good awareness of:
* Security implications for technical material
* Commercial considerations
* Workplace Health & Safety