- Company : Capital International Staffing
- Localisation : Dorset, Weymouth - Angleterre du Sud-Ouest, Royaume-Uni
- Position : Systems Engineer (UK Defence, Military, Sonar, Maritime)
- Type of Contract : Fixed-term contract
- Date of publication : 2018-01-03
Systems Engineer - System Design, UML/Rhapsody, DOORS, Defence/Marine/Sonar Systems.
Background in UK defence or marine industry is essential due to the nature of the projects. - SC Level or Lapsed SC considered but must have held an SC in the last 2 years.
My client is an internationally successful defence and marine systems company with considerable experience in delivering high-technology underwater solutions and equipment and support services to customers worldwide.
As a contract Systems Engineer, you would be responsible for Systems Engineering activities including analysis, design, review and verification, on a particular project or within a Systems Engineering team.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Understanding and experience of the application of the Systems Engineering Lifecycle and \'V-Model\' across the full programme lifecycle.
- Experience of delivering Systems Engineering activities on multiple applications/projects.
- Experience of preparing bids, studies and design review material
- Experience of Specification development, Verification and Validation
- Background in the defence or marine industry
- Experience of Requirements Management (Elicitation, Derivation, Decomposition, Flow-down, Verification & Validation) across the full programme lifecycle.
- Knowledge of the Systems Engineering tools (or DOORS® Preferred).
- Day-to-day design decisions within the Systems Engineering domain
- Contribute to the technical direction for their allocated scope
- Support planning input to project schedules and deliver own work commensurate with those plans
- Contribute information to project reports
- Responsible for application of the Systems Engineering Lifecycle
- Responsible for Requirements Management across the relevant programmes.
- Responsible for the application of transversal engineering disciplines
- Responsible for Preparation for, and Support to, key Engineering Reviews and Verification and Acceptance Events.
Please note that due to the nature of the project, the successful candidate must be capable of attaining SC clearance as a minimum. Either having valid/current SC level or lapsed SC level. Minimum requirement is that an SC was in place within the last 2 years.
If these opportunities sound of interest, please feel free to contact us to discuss the role and your job search further.
Capital International Staffing Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Systems Engineer, DOORS, requirement management, systems lifecycle, military, naval, marine, sonar systems
- Start date : as soon as possible
- Term : 6 months
- Experience Required : 5 to 10 years
- Salary : £45 - £49.11 per hour + 37 hours per week (standard)
- References : 19535_1514993227
- Activity area : Aerospace Engineering
Aviation and Aerospace Jobs similar to Systems Engineer (UK Defence, Military, Sonar, Maritime)