System Support Engineer
Defence Information requires system support engineers to support a number of its IT programmes at Abbey Wood and occasionally at its base site in Dorset
The successful technician will work for a System Manager and be responsible for:
- Assisting in maintaining service levels across a number of operational systems;
- Helping to administer service helpdesk, managing service requests, incidents and problems;
- Support patch events, in and out of hours, on an ongoing monthly basis;
- Performing system diagnostics, proactive maintenance and fault resolution;
- Help manage and maintain operational systems to a known state;
The applicant would ideally have skills in a number of the following areas or be prepared to gain experience in others:
- ITIL - service principles;
- Knowledge of 2008/2012 Server;
- Knowledge of Linux servers (Operating Systems);
- Linux installation, configuration and administration;
- Undertaking changes in controlled environment;
- Knowledge of Networking & Firewalls;
- Active Directory;
- MS hotfixes & patching of COTS, in an operational environment;
- Awareness of rollout & rollback processes;
- Virtualisation using Citrix XenServer, VMware;
- Scripting and powershell.
- Technical documentation maintenance.
The applicant must be a UK National and commence with a minimum of SC clearance and willingness to immediately undergo DV clearance.
The pay rate is £42.50, this could be negotiated for the right candidate in certain circumstances. If this isn\'t right for you, its worth noting we have a referral scheme that pays £200 for candidates who go on to secure a role with us.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn