Morson are currently recruiting for a Test Engineer to work at our clients site in Yeovil. The role will involve supporting detailed Test Equipment, in accordance manufacturing instructions, Specifications and Customer/Regulator Requirements, working within an empowered team environment to meet delivery requirements.
The position of the Test Engineer holds the following responsibilities:-
*Knowledge and experience of processes for assembly and test
*Track record of delivering improvements based on the principles of lean
*Experience of a volume manufacturing environment where every second counts
*Strong problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to implement containment quickly, and get to root cause preventing recurrence.
*Strong communication skills, at all levels
*Self aware, and learning organisation role model
*Commercially astute, both from a capital projects as well as operations efficiency perspective
*Experience of DFM
*Experience in purchasing would help
*An ability to prioritise and simplify
*Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
Qualifications & experience required:
* Preferably Degree educated or equivalent - manufacturing engineering.
* Experience in test design or building of test equipment
* Excellent problem solving skills, ideally green belt trained or above
* The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding and be able to demonstrate what it means to be \'fast and right first time\'
* The position requires the applicant to have an understanding of Aerospace practice and the significance of the safety critical work undertaken (Manufacturing experience also considered)
* PC literate
* Ability to read and follow instructions
* The applicant should be able to display essential skills in the adherence to Health & Safety standards at all times, teamwork, flexibility and the ability to use initiative
* Continuous Improvement
All successful candidates will need to apply for a Disclosure Scotland Criminal Recorded Check before starting on site. All successful candidates will have to undergo drug screening before they start, and provide a negative result.