VHR are currently looking for a number of experienced people to join our clients Value Engineering division located in West Sussex.
They are they the world-leading independent specialist in the global management of commercial and business aircraft spares, supporting airlines, MROs and OEMs with the supply, exchange, repair and lease of airframe and engine components
The Value Engineering team oversee and control all the components that require overhaul or repair services.
We are looking for people from team members to senior managers to support the department in the development of customers, cost control techniques, implementing new policies, analysing key statistics and figures and providing leadership to promote growth in line with company plans.
- Ensure collaboration with Procurement and MRO Repairs in policing of flat rate pricing agreements, pricing structure, fixed price inclusions /exclusions agreed with Suppliers, trending repair costs and application of Value engineering techniques to formulate repair cost models to predict a fair cost to return an aircraft component to an airworthiness state
- Work in collaboration with Suppliers in developing repair schemes that will lower repair costs and BER rates
- Working in collaboration with internal stakeholders (MRO Repairs, PBH teams) and Suppliers to minimise financial exposure by identifying avoidable costs (e.g. costs related to CID) and producing supporting evidence to apportion such costs to the responsible party
- Ensure that all regulatory and legal requirements are maintained (eg - EASA/FAA) and coordinate the actions with key stakeholders
- Ensure provision of key information to Technical Services to support analysis of component reliability reports (NFF/BER/CID/FOF/LTR rates, unscheduled components removals, low MTBUR removals, rogue units analysis)
- Ensure DER repair scope review and approval to support MRO activity
- Setting component repair policies based on technical performance, reliability and cost of ownership, with a firm focus of life cycle cost management and decision making.
- Ensure that the IT functionality is used to full effect at all times to carry out the functions of the department and that the system is fully integrated into the department business processes
- Very strong analytical skills coupled with keen attention to accuracy and detail
- Employs negotiation skills effectively to maximise organisational profits
- Demonstrates strong team-working behaviours including supporting others through reliability, understanding and sharing of knowledge
- Energy and commitment to working to overcome challenges. Flexible in terms of worldwide travel, including at short notice, in order to meet the needs of the business
- Commercial acumen developed through significant relevant experience in a contracted service environment
- Ability to take ownership for business from a strategic perspective and to maintain existing accounts whilst procuring new business
- Flexible, adaptable and capable of dealing with a variety of different people/customers with different beliefs and cultures
- Ability to sustain and develop relationships with a range of external ad-hoc and contracted customers
Dependant on experience and management level
Please contact Sarah in the London office if you wish to discuss.
VHR is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
VHR is an international technical recruitment organisation providing world leading recruitment services and solutions to the Aerospace & Aviation, F1 & Automotive, Engineering & Defence and Marine industries around the world.
By applying to this advert, you give consent to VHR holding & processing your personal data for the purpose of work finding services.
For more jobs like this visit www.v-hr.com