The Manufacturing Technician - Assembly will report to a Team Leader and to an overall Manufacturing Team Manager.
The role is responsible for the production and assembly of valves, components and assemblies across multiple product lines within the Valves Assembly and Test department. This role will be for a core day shift.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintains a safe working environment and adopts a 5S approach to working.
- Drives and sustains and attitude to continuous improvement as defined by client standards.
- Maintains a high standard of housekeeping at all times as defined by the client standards.
- Must adhere to all EHS, Quality and training requirements.
- Able to understand and follow manufacturing drawings, specifications and instructions.
- Able to complete manufacturing documentations using handwritten forms and PC tools.
- Able to build complex assemblies using manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Performs successive visual inspection where necessary.
- Assists with problem solving and root cause analysis activities.
- Competent and willing to learn and to train others.
- Can produce parts from non-established manufacturing documentations but would normally work to the correct procedures and paperwork
- Assists with problem solving and root cause analysis activities
Qualifications and Experience
- Previous experience in assembly of aviation components is desired for this role.
- Competent in basic use of IT including Microsoft Word and Email.
- Good level of English and Math\'s.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Technical aerospace knowledge would be advantageous.
PAYE - First 12 weeks
£13.75 Core shift
£20.62 Overtime over 37 hours
PAYE - 12 weeks +
£14.18 Core shift
£21.26 Overtime over 37 hours
Successful contractors will operate PAYE on a rolling contract basis; holiday pay is accrued on top of.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK without sponsorship.
Client will aim to take contracts temp to perm when available headcount is available.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.