This is an automatic translation
The establishment is inaugurated on Sunday, June 29, 1958 under the presidency of Jean Babin, rector of the Academy of Strasbourg, in the presence of the prefect Max Moulins, the deputy Georges Bourgeois, president of the General Council, and the mayor Charles Kroepflé Which was marked by the memorable feast of La Chaussee.
50 years later, on May 3, 2008, the new school celebrates its jubilee and the buildings are inaugurated by Gérald Chaix, rector, and Adrien Zeller, president of the Regional Council in the presence of many elected officials, teachers and high school students.
The vast modernization of the lycée was initiated by the Alsace Region in 1991.
All the work carried out on this site amounts to almost 62.2 million EUR of work and 4.4 million EUR of teaching equipment. A new part of the works (for a total of ? 38.1 million including taxes) is based on the creation of five new buildings representing 21300 m2 of surface area, provisional modular premises totaling 767 m2, Restructuring of three existing buildings for 6,500 m2 and the demolition of three buildings totaling 10,600 m2.
In addition, this restructuring and extension is accompanied by a major renewal and modernization of equipment, for an amount of more than 2.6 million EUR TTC.
This project fits fully into regional policy by responding to the main targets of the High Environmental Quality approach through provisions such as the use of wood for the superstructure of the workshops and the treatment of the false ceiling of the courtyard and the installation of More than 12,000 m2 of solid wood flooring, 4,500 m2 of tiles and 14,000 m2 of false ceilings.