Headquartered in Bethesda, Md., Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs about 115,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services.
Lockheed Martin is led by Marillyn A. Hewson, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer.
CUSTOMER BASE: As a global security, aerospace, and information technology company, the majority of Lockheed Martin's business is with the U.S. Department of Defense and the U.S. federal government agencies. In fact, Lockheed Martin is the largest provider of IT services, systems integration, and training to the U.S. Government. The remaining portion of Lockheed Martin's business is comprised of international government and some commercial sales of our products, services and platforms.
ORGANIZATION: Lockheed Martin's operating units are organized into broad business areas.
- Aeronautics, with approximately $14.9 billion in 2012 sales which includes tactical aircraft, airlift, and aeronautical research and development lines of business.
- Information Systems & Global Solutions (IS&GS), with approximately $8.8 billion in 2012 sales that includes C4I, federal services, government and commercial IT solutions.
- Missiles and Fire Control, with approximately $7.4 billion in 2012 sales that includes the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense System, Joint Light Tactical Vehicle, PAC-3 Missiles as some of its high-profile programs.
- Mission Systems and Training with approximately $7.5 billion in 2012 sales, which includes naval systems, platform integration, simulation and training and energy programs lines of business.
- Space Systems, with approximately $8.3 billion in 2012 sales which includes space launch, commercial satellites, governme
The Board of Directors of Lockheed Martin has elected James D. Taiclet, 59, as president and CEO, effective June 15. Taiclet will continue to serve as a...
The 500th production aircraft is a U.S. Air Force F-35A, to be delivered to the Burlington Air National Guard Base in Vermont. The 500 hundred F-35s include ...