WheelTug tests on Boeing 737-800. Prague Airport 2010. The WheelTug® system is a patented, proprietary electrical system that uses electric motors to allow the pilot or ground crews to move an aircraft on the ground without the use of a tow tug or the main jet engines.
Among the benefits of the WheelTug system are:
1. Reduced fuel consumption, pollution, and emissions
2. Reduced FOD
3. Reduced engine maintenance
4. Reduced fuel 'taxi margin'
5. Increased safety, lower insurance premiums
6. Reduction in flight delays
7. Shorter aircraft turnaround times between flights
8. Increased flexibility