AURORA-2 - NEW GENERATION ALL MODE DIGITAL SURVEILLANCE FACILITY FOR ATC IN 21 CENTURY
MSSR with a function of enhanced surveillance in mode ADS-B 1090 ES «Aurora-2» - the third generation of MSSR developed by All-Russian scientific research institute of radio equipment (VNIIRA).
Creating MSSR mode S «Aurora-2» the experience of previously developed items and operation of combined MSSR “Aurora” with function of enhanced surveillance in mode ADS-B 1090 ES (2008 year) as well as officially accepted decision on mode S realized in MSSR “Aurora-S” (2011 year) was considered.
THE DISTINCTIVE FEATURES OF MSSR «Aurora-2»:
ADVANTAGES OF MSSR «Aurora-2»
- Ground surveillance station that provides all existing types of surveillance and data transfer lines “airborne-ground”:
- RBS: modes A/C/1/2
- S: ELS, EHS
- ADS-B 1090 ES (DO-260B/ED-102A);
- Configured hybrid surveillance (S+ES);
- Aerodrome, enroute or aerodrome-enroute mode – configured rotation period, interrogation rates and interrogation sequence;
- Configured special surveillance zones: sensitivity control, power interrogation, rereflection zones and so on;
- Digital receiver provides stable phase performance of monopulse channel, digital phasing passageway for channels for Sum and Delta;
- 4-channel independent antenna system and receiver for channel ADS-B 1090 ES;
- One or two test responders that provide pass-through validation of receive/transmit passageway in all performance modes: RBS, ATC, S, ADS-B;
- Configured merge modes of plots/tracks responsible in some surveillance modes for reducing data input volume;
- Data output: analogous data transfer lines or in IP network;
- Individual configuration of protocol and protocol profile for each consumer of flight information. Separated configuration of output for SR and ADS-B information.
Cost reducing. Using of new component base and advanced technologies. Reducing in equipment and increase in serviceability;
Improving reliability due to integration, reducing a number of units and interconnections;
Ease in maintenance and commissioning of objects: all equipment (main and reserve set) responsible for surveillance is arranged in one case, coherent part of stations is separated from processing equipment and can be moved closer to operating personnel or even integrated with communication facilities of Customer.
Additional functions of surveillance: EHS (DAPs), hybrid surveillance, configuration of surveillance types on spatial zones;
Monitoring and management. Traditionally all surveillance aids designed by VNIIRA have multifold possibilities of control. Tools for imaging different equipment parameters i.a. remotely.
It is possible to connect with centralized monitoring aids, recording and control («Superterminal»). Reducing in equipment size and increasing the reliability result in RLP becomes unattended. Remote control and management aids become more important. One operator can monitor and handle these aids from the unified area control centre if there are different ground-based surveillance aids. Ground surveillance stations of Aurora type are prepared for connecting to ACC MRM.