Av-DEC® was co-founded in 1997 by two engineers in Fort Worth, TX. The company began by working closely with a commercial airline to develop s...
Av-DEC's® two component polyurethane material is designed for use as a watertight, flexible sealant. The low viscosity allows for easy application where self-leveling is desired. The system demonstrates excellent adhesion to itself and allows for easy removal when necessary. This product is commonly used at the antenna connector base, in seat tracks, and wet areas; under lavs, galleys and cargo bays, in electrical connector backshells, on nutplates and to fill in gaps and voids. This product is also available in flame retardant (FR).
- Provides a high level of track to most substrates
- Ease of installation
- Ease of removal
- Leaves no residue when removed
- Polyurethane material
- Replaces moisture-retaining products around
- Moisture barrier, corrosion protection, improved reliability, repair/scrap
- Low viscosity and cohesive properties assure proper sealing 100% surface contact
- Reduction in: return-to-service time, troubleshooting time, labor cost, hanger time
- No solvents required, no scraping required, no paint adhesion issues
- Non-hazardous, no residue before, during, or after installation or removal
- Positive moisture barrier, easy removal from connector