Description du stage
What if YOU starts your journey with US?! As part of a school curriculum in initial training, you are looking for a mandatory internship or integrated into a gap year that will allow you to validate your studies.
We are looking for a User Experience & User Interface (UX/UI) Designer who will be joining us at Airbus Commercial Aircraft in Toulouse, St Martin site.
This 6 Months internship is to be filled from March 2020 (the dates are subject to a certain flexibility).
What's in for you ?:
- You will have the opportunity to join a team that imagines differentiating products.
- Contribute to strategic innovations related to Airbus cockpits and Flight operations.
- Work closely with end users to best match their needs.
- Participate to a change in culture and ways of working within Engineering Systems Design Teams.
The team & Working environment:
- This internship will take place among Airbus design office Cockpit Operations team.
- Cockpit Operations is the place where it all starts! We imagine tomorrow's concepts and functions to support safe and efficient airline operations.
- Our playing field is huge, from cockpit to Air Traffic Management, including service offers.
- Our people are highly skilled, engaged and driven by end-user satisfaction for the benefit of the overall aviation community.
- You will integrate a multi-disciplinary team (engineers, professionals with operational knowledge of flight and use of an aircraft, human factors specialists, and uxid designers) working, learning and taking up the challenges for the next generation of Aircraft Cockpit.
- Opportunity to see the impact of Design in a large organizational level.
- In the scope of future cockpit studies, the internship will follow a cockpit interface development from UX/UI design to cockpit simulator implementation and test.
- The objectives of the study: Build a complete UI Designer kit library that responds to the cockpit environment in Sketch software and, based on this UI kit, develop cockpit prototypes and mock-ups for testing.
Additional details about the internship:
- Understand the aeronautical concept, and UX/UI designer contribution in cockpit definition.
- Search for analogies in other fields and identify best practice for UI kit development.
- Create and draw UI kit components. Based on cockpit display existing elements, the UI kit will be organized in ?atomic? manner (from the smallest elements to the most complex cockpit display).
- Test UI kit with end-users.
- Develop cockpit mock-ups based on the UI kit.
- Follow the integration of those mock-ups in cockpit simulator.
- Perform evaluations on cockpit simulator with end-users.
- Internship conclusions (key learning, key achievements, enhancement proposals).
Your Boarding Pass:
- You are preparing a Master's Degree (Level BAC+5) in any of the following areas: Design, Interaction Design, Graphic Design.
- Knowledge in Design Thinking, User Research, Visual Design, Design Systems.
- Knowledge on Graphic Design Software: Sketch, InVision, Adobe Suite, G-Suite?
- Passionate, curious by the tech industry and rigorous in delivering actionable insights.
- Team play and collaboration across teams; Eager to learn and adapt.
- Advanced level of English and French.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.