For its third flight of 2020, Arianespace will orbit two telecommunications satellites using an Ariane 5 launch vehicle from the Guiana Space Center: JCSAT-17 for the Japanese operator SKY
Perfect JSAT Corporation; and GEO-KOMPSAT-2B for Korea Aerospace Research Institute (KARI).
With this mission dedicated to space applications for telecommunications and environment monitoring, Arianespace once again contributes to the improvement of life on Earth.
Flight VA252 will be performed from Ariane Launch Complex No. 3 (ELA 3) in Kourou, French Guiana.
Liftoff is planned on Tuesday, February 18, 2020, as early as possible within the following launch
- Between 5:18 p.m. and 6:20 p.m. Washington, D.C. time,
- Between 7:18 p.m. and 8:20 p.m. Kourou, French Guiana time,
- Between 22:18 and 23:20 Universal time (UTC),
- Between 11:18 p.m. and 12:20 a.m. Paris time, in the night of February 18 to 19,
- Between 07:18 a.m. and 08:20 a.m. Japan time, in the morning of February 19,
- Between 07:18 a.m. and 08:20 a.m. Korea time, in the morning of February 19.