Used Serviceable Material (USM) is expected to provide low cost alternatives to aircraft parts. With the input from various industry stakeholders, IATA introduced a Guidance Material for the Traceability of Life Limited Parts (link). This webinar presents the most important aspects of the Guidance Material and the challenges in the implementation of LLP traceability.
- IATAs vision on Traceability; implementation timescale
- Regulatory and commercial aspects
- Main parameters (elements) to be traced
- Support documentation
- Specific cases
Moderator: Chris Markou (Head, Operational Cost Management - IATA)
- Jason Dickstein (General Counsel - Aviation Supplier Association)
- Mitch Weinberg (President - International Aircraft Associates, Inc. and Board Member of ASA)
- Rich Gauvin (Chief Technical Officer - Castlelake)
- Audrey Constable (VP Technical - ELFC)
- Dan Mashburn (Technical Leader - GE Aviation Materials)
- Mark Benson (SVP Technical Services - Delta Material Services)
- Pat Markham (VP, Technical Services - HEICO)
Webinar recorded on July 22, 2020.