Job Title: Analogue Electronics Design Engineer
Purpose: As a member of the engineering team the Analogue Electronics Design Engineer will provide vital analogue circuit design and analysis for RF, microwave and electronic equipment for satellite payloads. This role encompasses initial bid activity and on going support during programme execution. The work includes design and simulation of modules for device power supply and control of Ferrite switches in addition to analogue signal conditioning, multiplexing and conversion. In addition, failure mode analysis, thermal effects analysis, reliability analysis and radiation effects analysis will be carried out, leading to the design of mitigation and compensation measures. Design for manufacture and reliability are also key aspects of the role. The role has the scope to develop innovative solutions to meet demanding customer requirements. The Analogue Electronics Design Engineer will be working individually and also as part of multi-disciplined teams of specialists to achieve programme results and customer deliverables in a timely and accurate manner. This will include attending project reviews and progress meetings as appropriate, in some cases taking the technical lead in specific areas as required. The Analogue Electronics Design Engineer will support Bid Managers in accordance with their requirements in compliance with the Company Management System, producing bid documentation to budget and timescale. This will include attendance at bid review meetings as appropriate.
* Take customer requirements, provide analogue design and analysis to meet those requirements for satellite payload solutions.
* Provide development of robust and highly reliable designs and carry out trade off analysis to produce innovative, cost effective solutions.
* Develop sub-system specifications.
* Provide technical contributions to bid proposal work. Candidate profile
* Degree qualified.
* Experience in Analogue Electronics Design Engineer role, ideally in the Space, Defence or Aerospace industry.
* Experience of the following design tools: PSpice or similar, Cadence
* Excellent lab troubleshooting and investigation skills.
* Good computer user skills.
* Well organized, experience of working within a structured project management environment.
* Meticulous records keeper.
* Confident and effective when working independently or as part of a team.
* Willingness to take responsibility and become a key player.
* Good interpersonal skills.
* Approachable and open to alternative ideas regarding problem solving.