Design Engineer/Senior Design Engineer - Survivability Systems
Salary - £40,000 DOE
Location - Weybridge
As a Design Engineer you will be a valued member of the team, working with leaders in the field that have a real passion for the work that they are doing. If you would like to opportunity to add real value to new and ongoing projects this is the chance for you.
- To assist the Lead Design Engineer in the delivery of project/product line requirements.
- Solid modelling and detailing of products using SolidWorks.
- Control of Bill of Materials (BoM), CAD Models and Engineering Drawings.
- Engineer to all appropriate product targets eg cost, weight, strength etc.
- Assist in the generation of, and delivery to, project timing.
- Ensure appropriate material selection.
- Ensure manufacturing feasibility of product designs.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of duties, but it is intended to give a general indication of the range of work undertaken and will vary in detail in the light of changing demands and priorities within the Department. Any substantive changes in the range of work undertaken will be carried out in consultation with the job holder.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent.
- Chartered engineer or working towards chartered engineer status (preferred).
- Automotive, Aerospace or Defence Engineering environments (preferred).
- Design/manufacturing techniques for low/medium volume production.
- Concept creation/development, detailed design (components/assemblies), and engineering drawing.
- Creating models and engineering drawings using 3D CAD package (SolidWorks preferred).
- Material Selection.
- Structural performance assessment.
- Knowledge of workshop theory and practice.
- Eligible for UK Security Clearance to minimum SC level.
- Customer focussed - displays pro-active approach to meeting both internal and external customer needs.
- Results-focussed - strong desire to achieve results and works hard to reach goals and targets. Seeks to achieve results which enhance business success.
- Flexibility - displays versatility and adaptability. Identifies need for change, develops new ideas, encourages and supports innovation. Reacts positively and with enthusiasm to change and improvement. Has capability to achieve results and manage workload even at peak of pressure. Self-manages to be highly effective even at times when workload is less.
- Professional - takes career seriously and considers the business dimensions of decisions carefully. Intellectually and analytically rigorous; displays high competence in chosen field and is trusted by the business to "do the right thing".
- Integrity and morality - acts with scrupulous honesty with customers, colleagues, and suppliers and everyone else they come into contact with in the workplace.
- Communication and listening - strong interpersonal skills; the appropriate use of written, oral, non-verbal and listening skills, with an ability to persuasively impart information and pick up on underlying messages.
- Superior planning and organisation skills.
- Problem solving - displays logic, creativity and pragmatism in resolving problems, requiring little supervision and using disciplined problem-solving methods.
- Adaptability - the ability to react to different circumstances whilst maintaining composure and focus on objectives; can be relied upon in tough situations and is able to constructively challenge the status quo to facilitate appropriate change.
- Teamwork - a strong team player with the ability to recognise and manage the team dynamic; demonstrates the ability to understand others motivations and actively assess their strengths and weaknesses, is aware of others workloads and responds accordingly.
- Leadership - strong leadership skills, conveying confidence, presence and a professional image at all levels within an organisation.
- Willing to travel in UK and internationally as required.
When applying for this role, please indicate your current salary (plus benefits package), minimum salary required, notice period and your reasons for wishing to move from your current company. Alliance Consulting is acting as an employment agency in this respect. Alliance Consulting specialise in the placement of engineers throughout the UK. By sending us your CV you are explicitly consenting to our processing of your personal data on a computer database and/or in manual files for the purpose of evaluating your application for employment. This processing will be carried out in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998. By applying for this role you hereby consent to us submitting your CV to our client. If you do not wish your CV to be sent to our client then you must clearly state this to us. Equally, if there are any companies that you do not wish your CV to be sent to (for whatever reason), then please let us know of this when you apply.