Our client currently have a vacancy for a Principal Engineer - Underwater Acoustics at their site in either Frimley or Weymouth.
As Principal Engineer - Underwater Acoustics, you will be working as part of a team of systems engineers to develop a brand new Signature Management System (SMS) for advanced submarine platforms.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to progress within a specialist combat systems domain, whilst working alongside cutting edge technology.
Key Responsibilities for the Principal Engineer - Underwater Acoustics will include:
- Being involved in the development and maturity of the SMS use cases in collaboration with MOD stakeholders
- Supporting the development of the functional and data model
- Articulating and presenting complex technical arguments clearly, logically and simply
- Contributing to the identification and rapid closure of issues emerging from all product lifecycle stages and managing the resulting change embodiment activities
- Liaising with both internal and external customers as required to ensure their requirements are adequately supported
Key Skills and Qualifications for the Principal Engineer - Underwater Acoustics:
- Degree or equivalent qualification or experience in an Engineering discipline
- Knowledge/experience of analogue to digital system design
- Understanding of the principles of underwater acoustics
- A proven strong track record in the development, delivery and maintenance of complex systems
- Working knowledge of DOORS 9.6 and Enterprise Architect desirable
If you would like to find out more about the Principal Engineer - Underwater Acoustics opportunity